Charles Patrick Stewart bought the Silwood Park estate in 1875 and commissioned Alfred Waterstone the celebrated Architect of the Natural History Museum in South Kensington to design the current Silwood Manor house. The completed building was finished in 1878. The property comprises the main manor house arranged over three floors and basement and a ground floor Orangery and a separate stable block.
Comprehensive condition survey
We compiled a detailed Excel spreadsheet identifying all defects applying approximate quantities to remediation repairs and in tandem with our stonemason partners and our Quantity Surveyors provided a comprehensive building condition report fully costed to allow De Grey Management Ltd to assess their exposure to remedial repairs and maintenance of this prestigious property.